Courses at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies
The Centre for Aboriginal Studies provides tertiary education at all stages. We welcome Indigenous and non-Indigenous students to learn with us.
Why study at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies?
The Centre for Aboriginal Studies is committed to Indigenous education both for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and non-Indigenous people.
We aim to:
- Equip Indigenous students with the skills, knowledge and confidence to meaningfully contribute to their community with our block release programs,
- Enable Indigenous people to access a university education through our enabling courses,
- Broaden the body of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledge through research and,
- Provide non-Indigenous students with an understanding of Australia from an Indigenous perspective through our Indigenous Australian Cultural Studies units.
But hear it from our students from themselves:
"The Centre for Aboriginal Studies is returning a voice to our people to say who they are, to define their own identity and to relate their history instead of non-Indigenous Australians researching about us rather then by us.
"I strongly support studying at Centre for Aboriginal Studies because it provides empowerment which is culturally appropriate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people Australia wide and would highly recommend Curtin University.
"I have found having a positive education at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies provides opportunities to succeed into the future and whatever the goal, with a little bit of hard work it can be achieved. "
- Kimberley, Honours student.
In this section you’ll find out more about the courses we offer: