How to apply
Applying to study at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies is easy. You should apply for all courses apart from IACS directly to the Centre for Aboriginal Studies.
The application process differs slightly for each level of study:
Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course:
- Register your interest by calling us on (08) 9266 7091 or fill in our online form here: Information session and admissions testing for Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
- Attend the interview and test, held in January and June.
- Begin the Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course in February or July.
- Register your interest by calling us on (08) 9266 7091.
- Talk to your employer or volunteer coordinator about how to balance your job, your family and your studies.
- Send your forms to CAS to confirm your place at the workshop. You should have your application form, ABSTUDY form and, letter of support from your employer or volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the workshop and information session nearest to you in December. We usually hold workshops in Perth, Darwin and Cairns. The workshop is where we hold the admissions interview and test.
- Begin your first study block in February.
IACS (Indigenous Australian Cultural Studies)
- Call us on (08) 9266 7091 so we can let you know more about the course.
- Apply to TISC for Semester One entry or directly to CAS for Semester Two entry.
- Begin your IACS program in February or July.
- Contact the Honours Program Coordinator Carol Dowling on (08) 9266 2649 to discuss your application.
- Ensure you meet the entry requirements for the Honours program.
- Submit your application in December.
- Find out if your application has been successful in late January.
- Begin the Honours program in February.