Skip to content
Curtin University
Centre For Aboriginal Studies

Perth students

If you’re a CAS student based in Perth, there are a few things you’ll need to organise.


As a block release student, it’s not cheap or necessary to buy a parking permit for the entire semester. You can contact the Centre for Aboriginal Studies on 9266 7091 to discuss the best option for you.

Students are no longer required to buy parking permits for an entire semester or year. Instead, student parking is paid by your mobile phone in your choice of two areas: fixed day rate or hourly rate.

We recommend that block release students park in all day bays, as it is cheaper than paying the hourly rate from 9am to 4pm.

Student parking areas fill up quickly. Please allow yourself enough time to get to Curtin and find a parking space with enough time to arrive to your class on time.

The latest parking and rates information can be found at Curtin University’s Properties department website.

Public transport

Curtin University’s Bentley campus is easily accessible by Transperth services.

Transperth has dedicated bus services going to Curtin University from Perth, Canning Bridge train station and Belmont.

As a full-time student, you are eligible for concession prices. When you arrive at Curtin for your first study block, you should purchase a SmartRider card from the Curtin University Bookshop.

If you are arriving from north or south of the river, we recommend you catch the Mandurah train line to Canning Bridge station and catch a connecting bus to Curtin University.

To plan your commute to Curtin, use Transperth’s Journey Planner.


The Curtin University Early Childhood Centre is located close to the Centre for for Aboriginal Studies. It caters for children aged between 0 to 5 years old.

However, the centre doesn’t offer occasional child care which is best suited to students studying block release programs. We recommend you contact the Curtin University Early Childhood Centre for further information on 9266 7459 or by email,